Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My house, the obstacle course...


I realized this morning that my house is an obstacle course. Now you might think that this is due to my housekeeping skills... and you would be wrong.


Just this morning, I woke up and as I approached the darkened landing upstairs, eyes still have closed with sleep, I feel something at my feet. Instinctively, I raise my leg and attempt to step over this obstacle that is preventing me from making it into said landing from my bedroom. Ha! If only it were that easy, no, I guess I should have mentioned that my house is not only an obstacle course, but an ever changing obstacle course. For you see... as I stand, balanced on one foot, each place I attempt to put my other foot, I suddenly encounter another obstacle. And just as I finally manage, mainly due to the fact that one doesn't really have much balance when they are half asleep, to land a foot to the ground, I am suddenly thrown off balance as the afor mentioned obstacle brushes against me.


Somehow I manage to make my way on into the landing, and luckily down the stairs without further incident... this time...


I think pets have a wicked sense of humor. I can only imagine that in their mind, the thought is " Oooh, there she goes, let's watch her dance! Ha! Right foot up, oooh, she's going to the left, gotcha! Take that! I'll purr now, she will think I just want attention!"


And don't even get me started on the audience you get when trying to use the bathroom!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Lol yep so true. Or wait for it wait for it almost asleeeeeeep NOW!!! BARK! BARK BARK!