Friday, September 26, 2008

It's the little things

Yesterday was a good day. Nothing spectacular happened, and that's okk. If you wait for something spectacular to make your day, you could spend much more of your life waiting around, instead of enjoying the simplest of things. Even the smallest or most random things can brighten your day, if you let them. So, here's what made me happy yesterday:

Lunch w/ the best friend - Yes, I see him everyday, but it's great to steal a few minutes with a great friend, just to help you finish out the day

Fresh Breadsticks @ Lunch - Hey, I'm easy to please! There is something to be said for hot & fresh bread, lol!

Silly Text Messages - Another acquaintance & I got into a short text discussion on some pretty absurd topics, that made me laugh so hard I was crying

Smooth commute home - I drive the interstate home most days, a day with no backups, pile ups or speed traps... is wonderful

P&G Mail - I did a survey online for P&G awhile back, and was rewarded with coupons... this was really cool, because it is the full coupon insert for October, so I can use them early!

Free Ice Cream - Stopped at Coldstone Creamery & picked up a free ice cream during their Make-A-Wish Ice Cream Social. Nutter Butter... YUMMY

Rite Aid actually had something in stock - Advil was on sale, I had a coupon, it was on the shelf... so I picked up 3 bottles of Advil for FREE... YAY ME!

Yup, all in all, not a bad day!

No comments: