Tuesday, September 16, 2008

No Red Bull needed, just buy a pillow


Never underestimate the power of a good night's rest. And I am a firm believer that the bed should be a haven, it should be comfortable & inviting. For me, that means a my favorite down comforter (I use it year round, it's like sleeping in a cloud...)


I must be one of the pickiest people in the world when it comes to pillows... I have been wanting new pillows for my bed for awhile now, and every store I go into, if I make it to that part of the store, I am often sadly disappointed in the selection... I mean, how in the heck do people sleep on these things I keep finding...


So, this past Sunday, being completely oblivious to the Ike winds that were whipping through my town, I got the urge to head to the mall. Now I had decided to head to Macy's because they were doing a promotion... and my plan was to go buy some bakeware... as I have been needing to replace some of my existing pieces...


Getting there was quite an experience, the power had knocked out some traffic signals near the mall... OK... first... mall traffic here in Lex is a nightmare anyways... but it seems many drivers lose the ability to process the simplest of driving rules when the signals aren't working... but I digress...


Made it into Macy's, and luckily their power was on (it had been out earlier, I learned once I got there) and headed to the home section... I found some bakeware that I liked... but needed some "filler" because I had a coupon that was taking "x" dollars off my purchase, but I wanted my purchase to be "y" number of dollars, because Macy's was doing a promotion and for every "z" dollars you spent, you got back "q" dollars on your next purchase (I bet you didn't think you'd ever need algebra to read a blog, huh?!?!)


So as my roomie & I are wandering around the home section, we come across.... PILLOWS... and hey, it's a Sunday afternoon... there is housework to be done at home... the wind is knocking down trees & walls... so obviously this means... we must check out every pillow we can... and we proceed to do this... I don't wanna give away all the fun... but at one point... roomie actually laid down on the floor to check out how comfy one might be that we were contemplating...


However our efforts were rewarded... as we both found the "PERFECT" pillow... The pillow I got is "European Style" which is just a fancy way of saying it's square instead of rectangle. I made my purchases (bought bakeware too!) and headed home... and let me tell you, Sunday night when I finally crawled into bed, I realized I had found the perfect companion to my heavenly comforter... I slept divinely... cocooned in my bed, comforter up to my ears, head snugly resting on this lovely dream vessel.


And the following morning, while I didn't want to drag myself from this slumber, once up, I felt suprisingly well rested... all day... no energy drink required... makes me want to devote a whole day to it... there's just nothing like a good pillow & blankie...


Even Mollie would agree... as you can see from the pic, as she is snuggled under her own down blankie w/one of her many pillows throughout the house.


No comments: