Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A picture is worth a thousand words

They say a picture is worth a thousand words... tonight while flipping through one of my online photo books I ran into this pick and it made me smile... I don't know if a thousand words could even describe it... Now I'm not talking about the obvious, make you laugh, aspect of this pic... More about the times that this picture represents. This picture was taken a few years ago, and the two individuals who are fondly referred to as "Beckster" & "Gish" were on the team that I managed. No, this isn't how they came to work everyday, this was their Halloween costume, "Drew & Mimi"
This pic is kind of a snapshot of history, just a moment in time, and it was a great place. I've had the opportunity to work with many people in my years of managing people, but the team that these people are a part of, will forever stick in my mind. They were an amazing bunch, a little trying at times, but then again, I wasn't exactly a "cookie cutter" supervisor either - they complimented me well. From this team has sprang many new leaders, both in that company and beyond and I have formed lasting bonds with many of them, that I still have, though I haven't shared building space with them for over a year.

This is not saying that things aren't great now, in fact, quite the opposite, I just was browsing through my past and wanted to pay hommage to a moment in time, to an amazing cast that once shared the stage of life with me (now that sounds philosphical... or cheesy, not sure which!)

To any of my "Swiveler's" out there who may run across this - Know this - It was my privilege and my honor to have been a part of what we created, from "Beula" to "Cube Ball", from marathon days to dancing in the parking lot. I hope that even when you thought I was being difficult, you can now understand, it was because I know you'd get through it much wiser. I hope that you were able to learn as much from me, as I from you... and lastly... Be Good OR Be Gone!

No comments: