Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Great food & Great People

I wanted to give everyone a quick recommendation on one of Lexington's newest restaurants that I had the opportunity to check out. (And no, this isn't a paid advertisement... those of you who know me, know that if there's a new pizza place in town, I'm there!) I've been anxiously awaiting this one, since reading about them opening in the old Don Pablo's a few months ago - Don Pablo's was one of my "go-to" places for small sales meetings, looks like I might have found a good replacement.

So where did I go... Old Chicago Pizza, Bar & Grill - If you've never been to one, you'll wanna go... NOW! I stopped in this past Monday, which was opening night, after my sales meeting, since it's kinda on the way home, and met the roomie there for a quick bite...

Now, we happened to stop in at one of the busiest times... and were told we'd have a 20 minute wait or so... normally on a week night, when it's already 8 o'clock, I'd be heading somewhere else for dinner, but ah... the smell of that place... you won't mind... and in fact our wait was only 10 minutes...

Good luck trying to figure out what you want, they have a huge menu variety... and if Pizza isn't your thing, don't worry, there are plenty of other options... Dinner was great... and really affordable - We had beverages, an appetizer and 2 individual pizzas that provided left overs for the next day for right around $30 - and it was GOOD FOOD

But that's not the only reason I recommend them. I signed on to their website today, and they had a "contact us" option - so I wanted to provide feedback on our experience (which was good) - I actually got a response, from one of the local owners, just a few hours after sending in my feedback, thanking me for my comments and asking for some clarification... this was a welcome change from those canned "auto-replys" that you usually get - he seemed genuinely happy for the feedback and welcomed my additional responses.

So if you're in the Hamburg area, or heck even if you're not, it's worth the drive, check them out... Happy Hour starts back up at 10PM... and call me... i'll come too!

No comments: