Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I'm on a movie marathon I guess

So lately it seems I've been watching a TON of movies. Saturday I saw both the new Batman movie "The Dark Knight" and the new X-Files Movie "X-Files I want to believe" On Sunday, I saw the new horror flick, "Midnight Meat Train" and last night, w/ my free redbox rental, I watched "Good Luck Chuck"

If you've seen any of them, feel free to share your opinion.

The Dark Knight - There were several people who brought small children to see this, I'm not sure how good of an idea that was, this is a pretty dark movie. Heath Ledger was phenomenal as the Joker, I could definitely see an Oscar nod for the role. The movie was good, but a little over hyped I think. I am interested in seeing the third one in the trilogy when it comes out, especially since it's rumored Johnny Dep will be taking on the role of the Riddler, I think he would be great.

X Files - I was an X Files fan, I loved the show, and the first movie, so I was excited to get to see another film. I am glad I saw it, but it wasn't as good as it could have been. It was a little slow at times but if you're a fan, you always look forward for the opportunity to see your favorite characters again. Unfortunately the last 15 minutes or so were very anti climatic for me, as the projector actually melted the film and had to be repaired. Afterwards the movie kept starting and stopping, so it was hard to get into the flow.

Midnight Meat Train - OMG! This movie is not for the faint... It's not so much scary... as it is GORY... and I mean GORY... from the very beginning to the very end, there is alot of blood and guts, and it's pretty graphic... I was suprised that as a new release, it was released straight to discount theaters... It wasn't the best horror movie I've seen, but I have paid more to see far worse. It was pretty good, but it will make you think twice about grabbing a hamburger afterwards.

Good Luck Chuck - Pretty good comedy, the only thing I would fault it, is that it tries to go from very raunchy humor to a happy fairy tale ending about love... and that's just a bit weird... but this one had alot of laughs...

Okay, that's all for now

MJ

No comments: