Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wait for it on DVD, and only on Free Movie night

Okay, so last night I went to check out "Mirrors" - I had some free movie passes I won from the radio station and the previous for this one looked good... well... I won't spoil it for you (it will do that itself) but you know in the first 5 minutes that this is not a good movie... Why???

CHEESY Special Effects... I mean... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Cheesy... and not the good cheese... See, if I'm going to see some independent, low budget film, I expect this sorta thing... they don't have as much $$$ to spend on it... or if I'm in the mood to watch the wonderful scary movies from the 80's... or even "spoofs" of real scary movies...

But this one... released in theaters, from a major motion picture company... and the "Gore-y" scenes... SO OBVIOUSLY FAKE...

Now there are some scenes that will make you jump... it does have some moments that are suspense filled, where something jumps out when you're not expecting it... but that alone isn't worth forking over a mortgage payment (isn't that the going rate for a trip to the theater these days?) - and the ending... well. let's just say it's disappointing...

If you must see it, wait for it at a discount theater, or a matinee... or wait for the DVD and rent it for the $1

No comments: